After my last post in January I was able to run an average of 55 miles a month until May. May continued by downward slide with ankle/foot pain. WTF. Stubborn as I am I waited until June after I signed up for a half marathon and couldn't do 3 runs a week to find another Dr. What was I to do? I need to run to feel, I need to run because I can. Well I can but I am struggling with it. So in July I saw a chiropractor, a sports chiropractor and I saw him Last week of July. When I sat down I looked and him and asked if he was active. He looked at me and said that he enjoys running and skiing. I started to feel a little at ease but not convinced that he would try to fix the foot without sending me to a surgeon. I handed my MRI and he brought up the photo, with a deep breath he shows me the area where there isn't a ligament. He explained why I needed one and what my bones were doing. He felt confident he would help me, he also heard me say that I needed to run. At this point with my personal life, my growing kids, my work and my loses I need to run distance to feel again. My heart is in pieces and I'm looking for help. So the "hammering" of the foot began and then he taped it. With permission I would run in the morning.
July 24th I ran 4 miles.... No pain in foot/ankle and 2 miles in I felt.... I saw lots of things that reminded me of my dad but I felt a little angry (gawd I need to get past that). I am able to run 2 days a week and it hurts some but getting better. The last "run" at camp was a walk not a run but I needed some closure, need to forgive so I can receive guidance. It happened! I heard the signs and then I forgave and listened. Listened to the wisdom. Praying I can continue to feel as I heel the foot and run. Time will tell. For now I'm canceling the half marathon.
No comments:
Post a Comment