Saturday, February 15, 2014

Week 5 of 18

Well week 5 is done!!!! What a great week I have had.  With my 7 on Sunday ending week 4, I wondered how many days I would wait to do 6.  I ended up going for my 6 on Tuesday on the treadmill with 80 push-ups.  My only complaint was my hunger all day Wednesday :) I ate my lunch at like 10am then went to Walgreens with coupons and bought tons of candy.  9 candy bars, 3 bags of M&Ms and 2 easy macs!  My eyes were big as I only ate 1 candy bar and some M&Ms but I know were it all sits :). Thursday I had ACLS so I didn't have time to run and I knew snow was coming Friday so I would plan tread vs weather for Friday.  I  decided to work from home Friday  so I kept looking at the roads to decide if it would need to be a treadmill run.  Finally Willie said "stop staring out the window and just go" well he didn't have to twist my arm much because I dressed and out the door I went.  I had 5 screws on the bottom of each shoe for road traction.  At about 1/2 mile I felt a poke in my foot "ouch" a darn screw! Not enough to hurt but definitely enough to feel it.  What a messy run.....slush, snow, ice and no where to run if a car came!! I managed 2 miles in before I turned around afraid to get hit or fall.  Non the less the run felt great all 4 miles of it.  Stephanie and I decided that with another big storm coming Sunday we needed to do 8 at 8 on Saturday.  I drove and picked Steph up at 8 am then we headed to Nokomis high, the temp was about 15 degrees.  The run was great! We both felt good, water and gummies at mile 3.75 then we ran the rest with small stops for safety when we hit ice or no sidewalk to avoid traffic.  I am amazed how good the 8 felt, we paced about 11:05 which was ok due to the roads.  I finished my evening with some shoveling and 50 push-ups. Expecting 20 inches of snow tonight I will get my cross training in tomorrow outside  shoveling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment