Wow! This was week 17 of 18! I'll start by going over my week. Tuesday my plan was 4 miles, run to Christies and back. I wanted to be nice so I brought the boys and the dog... Mistake #1 was bringing the dog. Casey my jack Russell generally does great running with me but not that night. Not even 1 mile in I was done tugging on him and turned around towards home, he was sluggish, my run total was 1.23. Wednesday Nolan had baseball at the Rec field basketball court so I suited up to run from there. I walked with Ethan to route 2 then headed up Church street to Plymouth rd. The hill up Plymouth got my right calf burning so I stopped to stretch and walked a little. I ended up working it out and jogged to Dyer to Route 2. The hill up route 2 burned the calf so I walked some and then jogged back to my car. 4.24 miles done, the last 2 were great and I finally felt good. Friday night would be another 4 miles while Nolan was at practice, it felt really good 4 miles in 42.20 at average pace 10:32. Today is May 11, Mothers Day and the weather is beautiful! I left the house at 6am for 7 miles with Stephanie, the first 3 were tough but after that it was good. My right calf was tight and is still a little with some right ankle pain as well so this week I will use heat/ice. Today's run was 7.01 miles in 1:16 with average pace 10:52. Training is officially done with 2 small runs left leading up to next Sunday! Wow is all I can say, Wow, I actually am going to run a marathon!
My marathon will be run with the thoughts "I run for those who can't, I run because I can". I figure that because I am not disabled I should use my legs. How guilty of me to not use them if I can. Many people I know have fought though pain, cancers, and troubles but still smile, never complain. Some people have left me in awe with strength they have, some people I just love so much and without their love to me I wouldn't be who I am today. I will have a list with me for my big day with my loves and my inspires. People who inspire me and my loves will get my mind and body to the finish. My thought will be on them when I want to quit, their strength will continue to inspire me. I want to give it my all, show my kids to never quit. The last mile is for Willie, my husband who says if his legs were good he would run and never stop. Willie who never complains of the pain in his legs and pushes through even after falling he gets right back up and never quits. I will not quit and I will run that last mile for him, through pain and exhaustion. To feel like quitting and not, to be at my lowest and keep going is what I will feel. My people who will be with me in heart won't feel what I'm feeling but I might feel a bit of what they have felt and I will give it my all. Thanks for inspiring me to run a Marathon, Thanks for supporting me to run a Marathon, Thanks from learning from me as I run a Marathon.
No comments:
Post a Comment