Week 16 is done as of today! That means no more runs over 7 miles until May 18th. I have mixed feelings about training coming to an end. I will definitely miss the long runs in company. I have found running long runs while chatting is great, it burns the time and the chats are great. I love eating freely after my long runs, and I love the feeling of accomplishment. I am so proud that I've stuck with the plan on cold days, rain and early mornings. I have very little doubt about the Marathon. I feel strong and ready to run it, only nervous about the last 5 miles due to the horror stories. My outfit is picked out and my shoes are new and broken in.
This week I did 5 on Tuesday, that was 3 days after my 20 miler. I actually intended to walk the 5 miles but jogged at 1 mile intervals, side note I was in Jeans :). I guess I felt ok, my legs were good but my gut was not good. I felt nausea until Thursday night, just not right, I wonder if it was from the 20 miler??? Thursday the boys wanted to do the loop again, this time I got in running clothes :). 5 miles around the loop with Ethan on his board and Nolan on his bike, I felt yucky until mile 2 then felt great walking only with Nolan on Rt 2. Last run for the week is 12 miles. Plan is with Stephanie and to finish by 8. We planned to be out on the road by 530. First 2-3 miles were tough, I actually didn't even want to eat my chews at 2 1/2 miles, but I managed to eat 4. We stopped for Gatorade at mile 3, and by mile 4 my running felt normal again. We steady jogged to mile 6, I was able to eat 5 chews and ran again without difficulty, the rain started too. The rain run was great! Felt great and I was at peace for a while. Mile 9 I skipped the fuel and just drank, why is my guts all messed up??? The jogging was easy, energy was good and to be honest I could have run on but 12 miles ended and I went home. I didn't get a time because I forgot to start my time. Seriously the 12 miles felt effortless like a 5k, except the first 3 miles :). Next two runs are 4s then 7 on the weekend. Almost there!!! I will continue to feel confident and determined!!! I hope I feel normal after a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment