Sunday, March 23, 2014
Week 10, my longest run to date 14 miles
Hard to believe that I only have 8 weeks until the marathon, even harder to believe I've done 10 weeks of training. My first run of the week was Tuesday March 18. It gets dark at 7 pm so I knew I had time to get it done after work. I got home and the oven was preheated and dinner was going it. Darn it what should I do? I really want to do 5 miles. It was 5 pm, I chopped up some veggies and threw them in to roast with the pork, I also boiled some water for rice. How am I getting out? Dinner was done at 550, if I sit to eat I would not have time for 5 miles, if I don't sit to eat I get the mother of the year award for not joining my family.... Well as selfish as I am I went out... I fixed plates for everyone and started out the door. Nolan says "where are you going, you're not eating with us?" I explained that I needed to run, he said can you make cookies when you get home? I smiled said yes and out the door I went. My run was the 5 mile rec field loop, it was awesome! I got home preheated the oven, jumped in shower, then baked the promised cookies. I might have thrown in a little, I can't use the treadmill tonight, I did 10 this past weekend on it and I hate it. My second run was Thursday, another 5 in rec loop. I wanted 8 but after Tuesday my heart wouldn't allow it. Weekend long run is 14 miles. Stephanie is sick with a cold but feels ready to go. We decided to go Sunday morning. I set alarm at 545, got up had coffee and 1/2 bagel with peanut butter and 1/2 banana. After driving our waters out to mile 3, 6, 9, and 12 we were on the road by 730ish. It felt great! Our pace was planned around 11 with walking water stops, we walked further than usual during the stops as Steph felt yucky. Our water break pace kind of set us up for a slow overall, but it was good. I felt strong all the way to the end. No pain, breathing was fine. I can't believe I did 14!!! I can't wait for 16 :). My biggest issue now is hunger and chills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're doing great!
ReplyDelete