Sunday, March 2, 2014

Seriously week 7 is done!!

The thought of these longer runs on the treadmill make me lose my get up an go.  I decided I would do what I can to avoid treadmill this week.... My running week started on Tuesday Feb 25th with a 6 miler.  I've been watching the clock all week studying the time of darkness, with my road without a running shoulder and some snow banks still leaking into the road, any night running is out.  I got home from work Willie had started a chicken in the rotisserie so I was comfortable leaving for my run.  I went up Fuller for 2 miles then down and up Damascus for 1 to make the out and back equal 6.  Wednesday was 30 push-ups.  Thursday I had time after work for 5 miles just getting home from my run at dusk.  Saturday is my 11, the plans changed last minute so I went by myself, an out and back.  I had 2 pair of pants, 3 shirts and a hoodie, the temp at 8am was 1.  I had my Gatorade chews with me so off I went.  I headed up Fuller rd at 3 miles (homestead lane) I ate some chews, then started jogging towards the middle school.  I got to 5 miles and turned around from fear of dogs on the corner, I ate more chews and started jogging again.  (I only walked while eating). I felt warm enough but with the neck up my shoulders felt tight and I was uncomfortable.  Mile 7 was my best and I headed towards Hermon up the fuller road making it possible to reach 11 miles at the bottom of Damascus rd.  Mile 8 thirst kicked in... Omg I was so thirsty!!! The snow banks were so dirty, I tried kicking the dirty snow to find white underneath.  I only found a couple tiny ice chunks, seriously I needed water, my mouth and throat was so dry, I could hear every stream as I jogged down the road.  I walked  around mile 9 and ate the last of the chews, thirsty thirsty thirsty!!!! I finished my last two miles strong.  Got home and felt great with the 11 done, the temperature was climbing and the boys were ready to go snowboarding!  March 1st, 8 days and clocks change!!!! My legs felt a little tired but not really sore until my fast 5k tonight.  Week 8 will be 4 runs so I did one tonight.

2 comments: