Sunday, March 16, 2014

Week 9 done....Strong mind!

9 weeks of Marathon training complete.  The beginning of the week had me very worried.....  I finished week 8 on Saturday March8th with 12 miles.  I knew there was a storm coming this week so I decided that Sunday March 9th I would start my week with a 4 or 5 miler.  I started out at about 3pm and at mile one my knees hurt and my legs felt like bricks, I should have turned but I guess I am too stubborn.  I ran to mile 2 where I turned and headed home to make 4, at mile 2 the adrenaline kicked in and I was running good.  4 miles done and I was pleased!  It was time for bed and while stretching out my legs something in my left knee caught me.  Owww my left knee hurts.... All night my knee hurt, it was tight and the anterior part hurt.  Oh gawd what will I do?  I am allergic to NSAIDs so I decided Monday night I would heat for 20 minutes then ice for 20 minutes.  Tuesday morning still a little sore but honestly so much better, I was able to walk stairs, no deep knee bends but that's ok!  I decided that I would rest until Thursday then I would try a run.  Wednesday night the snow started, we lost power and it snowed and snowed and snowed.  Thursday morning we were buried in snow! At least 16 inches of snow! I was working from home so during my lunch break I was going down to the treadmill I had a goal of 8 miles.  8 miles done on the treadmill, slow with push-ups every 1/2 mile, I managed 120 push-ups and 8 miles and felt great! No knee pain, whoop whoop!!!! Saturday with the roads still nasty from the storm we decided to do our 10 miles and do 14 next week.  I did my 10 on Saturday on the treadmill, average speed 5.3, with water/fuel walk breaks at mile 3, 7 and 8.5.  The power flickered at mile 2.75 which almost caused me to fly off the mill.  Accomplished 10 miles on the treadmill, this week showed me my strength, I will do this, my mind and body has never felt so strong.  To top it off Willie believes in me too, he makes me stronger!  I welcome week 10!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! "just keep running, just keep running..." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so great! Your body was saying that it needed some rest and you followed it (even if you didn't want to at first!) Great job!

    ReplyDelete