Saturday, March 8, 2014
Week 8.... Abandement issues
Week 8....am I really training for a marathon? I asked myself this on most of my runs this week. I started my training week on Sunday this week, so Sunday-Saturday is my 7 day week. I prefer to start on Mondays but I wanted to make it a 4 run week not 3 and to run in Saturdays and Sundays are my favorite. Sunday was 3.1 miles in 32 minutes..... A little quick for me but apparently comfortable. The second run was a 4 miler on the treadmill. 4 miles with 50 push-ups in the basement watching breaking bad. Thursday March 5 would be my 6 miler. I was at work at 0650 for a 7am meeting so I planned an early dismissal so I could squeeze in 6 miles before dark. Watching the clock all week I knew that 6 miles (little over an hour) that to stay in daylight I needed to be on the road by 440 at the latest. I had my work done so I was out by 1530 right on time to be home by 4 and on the road by 0415, plenty of time for my 6!!! Ethan sent me a text "can you pick me up at school" I said yes and told him I was in my way, that I'll text when I get there. 4pm I'm at the school a little behind schedule but still doable. I wait and text Ethan for 15 minutes!!!!!! I'm like so angry my time is too short already! Finally I get him and of course a friend to drive home too and we are off. I finally get home at 435. Change my clothes and stop at the basement where Willie was cleaning, help him for a bit and I am finally on the road at 450...I wear reflective gear just in case. The 6 miles was so sweet! Easy, fast and awesome. I was in the dark for the last 1/2 mile, but honestly my speed was great! Only one run for the week left, my 12 on Saturday. Today was my 12 miles, Steph and I ran from here to Levant store. We first went to drop off a car then left waters at mile 8.5 and Caravel MS which is mile 5. Mile 3 we got stopped by 2 barking, growling dogs. It was very scary but we didn't get bit. Couldn't wait to get to our waters...... Up to the school we go....water? Water? Water? Gone!!! No water! What? The cleaner must have picked them up off the steps, our next water was 3-4 miles away. At mile 7 we hit a small wall, thirst was really kicking in but we managed to make it. Water stop then awesome jog to make our 12 miles. Our average pace 10:55, next long run we will change it to a 14 from 13 and plan to water/fuel every 3 miles. Crazy to think we have 10 weeks left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're doing awesome!
ReplyDelete