Busy at work, sore ankles, busy family, tired, honestly some excuse would be helpful. I only did 2 runs this week a total of 21 miles. Only 21 miles this week.... Now that seems silly to say :). Time is slowly ticking away, one day I feel so confident and ready to tackle 26.2 miles, the next day not so much. I'm a little worried about my right ankle so my week runs are getting cut short.
Tuesday Nolan had baseball practice so I suited up and took him to Levant. I started running at about 7pm and I was able to secure 4 road miles in daylight before circling the parking lot. It was raining a little and the peepers were out in areas during my run. I felt strong, ankle was only slightly sore. The first two miles were slow and I'm not convinced the GPS was working on my watch. I did 6 laps to equal another 3 miles to total 7 in 1:16. I can say that I felt like the cool mom the way Nolan waved to me as I ran up to the school soaking wet in a baseball hat with my hair braided. The other moms were staying dry under their umbrellas :).
The next run wasn't until Saturday. I got up at 530 ate my bagel with peanut butter half of a banana and a cup of coffee. I was at Stephs by 630 and we were on the road by 7 ish. A water stop every 3 miles with Gatorade chews. By mile 9 I was tired and ready to end the run but kept going, finished 14.04 miles in 2:39. Hoping next weekends 20 will be better. My right ankle is sore but otherwise good. I am still amazed that I have almost completed the training. I talk about the marathon daily. I am hoping to get three runs in this week, the weather is warmer and daylight is longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment