Sunday, April 6, 2014
Wind Burn!
What a week!!! I started week 12 on Monday March 31st (my Dad's Birthday). Monday would be rest days, after a 41 mile week the previous week it was nice to do nothing! Tuesday Nolan had baseball practice in the Levant gym. So much snow still on the ground that mostly likely practice will be in the gym for the month. Practice is from 7-8, after much thought about time it takes to get there and back over the frost heave roads I will stay there. Darkness is about 730 so I figured I should run in Levant while Nolan practices. I wore my reflective gear and headed down the road, I figured 1 mile down and back. The first .25 of the mile was tough! My right ankle hurt Achilles area and my knees and feet hurt, man I was feeling great but wow I'm tired. I managed to shake it off and did 3 road miles, the last 1/2 was a little jumpy in the dark, I couldn't wait to get to the school. I ran the 4th mile in the parking lot, I felt safe. Wednesday I took off, and ran on Thursday. On the treadmill I did 3 miles, it was tough, I felt tired! Tired all day Friday and I took it easy on Saturday as well drinking water and eating protein. Sunday is today April 6th. I got up at 530, ate my 1/2 bagel with peanut butter and 1/2 banana, and my coffee. I dropped waters off at mile 3, 7 and 10, Capri roaring waters :). We started running by 640 am, it was chilly and very windy, my hat flew off. I left my hat and we were off. Down the hill we saw at least 5 deer. We chatted and ran at control pace, got caught up on the week behind us. Mile 3 was first water stop, waters were empty!!! The darn birds pecked the pouches, darn it what is up with our first water break! Next water was mile 7, it was good and we walked a short distance. Mile 10 again short walk 3 more deer, energy was good and I had no pain. We finished 12 miles in 2:17, the wind was so bad, blow you sideways and back. My cheeks are red in windburn. Overall a good week. I was more tired this week then anyother. 18, 14, 20 and 12 left for long runs, and to be honest 12 is not really a "long run". Crazy to say that huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment