Saturday, January 11, 2014

Breaking Bad

It's Saturday and I woke up to freezing rain, the roads are practically not passable so running outside is not an option.  This morning I saw a plow truck go up my road in reverse so he had sand due to the crazy ice on the roads.  I spent all day listening the the police scanner on my iphone and playing candy crush, not once did I think going down to the treadmill was a good idea.  I watch a few videos on u-tube about runners collapsing at the finish of a marathon.  I also spent time researching marathon plans because I think the one we will use needs a littke tweaking.  I thought running 22 miles would be best but according to research a long run of 20 should be the furthest.
About 4pm I decided that enough of the laziness I would head down stairs to the treadmill.  I decided that starting Breaking Bad on Netflix would be good so I started season 1 episode 1 and the jog starts.   I ran the first 1 mile, did 10 push-ups, 1.5 miles; 10 more, 2 miles; 15 push-ups, 2.5 miles; 15 push-ups.  So at 3 miles I'm 50 push-ups in, I do 10 push-ups and climb back on, this time I get off every .25 mile for 12 alternating with 13 to make the end result 100 push-ups and 4 miles.  My right should was sore and my right leg/ankle due to falling through the icy snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment