Well week 1 is official in the books!! I had a great first week, a full work week and a few late nights but I managed to get in 3 runs, at least 3 days of push-ups and a cross training day. I decided that I might need to have at least one run a week in the morning before work, I will watch my calendar and work that out. Yesterday was my cross training day. I decided to use Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, knowing it works core, cardio and arms. I hooked up a DVD player in the same room as my treadmill, it took at least an hour and I was irritated beyond belief trying to get the darn picture to go on the TV, finally got it going and did stage 1. I will say that my arms definitely are the weakest, doing the workout was fine except my arms got tired!
This morning was my 3rd run of the week, 5 miles. Of course I woke up to snowy weather as it snows/rains or freezing rain every weekend. I'll be honest though... I love running in the snow. I love the feeling of snowflakes on my face, the silence on the roads, peace. Today was the best run I've had in a while!!! My average pace was just a little over 11, I felt great. I ran a fairly hilly route to avoid the main roads due to the weather, I saw like 6 cars and 5 snow plows which I will add that none of them had the plow down or sand being thrown. My thoughts on my run..... I am actually going to make a dream a reality!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment