Sunday, March 30, 2014
Amazed!!
Well another week completed means that the marathon is in 7 weeks from today! Sunday completed my 10, so week 11 started on Monday. Monday was push-ups only because I was a little nervous of knee pain after think of the previous week, I did 50 push-ups. Tuesday I decided push-ups would be enough and I did 30 push-ups. Wednesday was a night of very high winds and cold winds at that. I stopped for batteries on the way home, ate dinner then went down to the treadmill. How can I continue to do my work and worry so much about others that I pitch in and get myself behind without anyone even noticing the sacrifice I had made!!!! I managed 7 treadmill miles with 30 push-ups, it was good to really think about how I would tackle the next day, lock myself in the office and get caught up. Thursday was scheduled for 5 but honestly I had to force myself out, I felt tired and very irritated! Work weighed heavy on my mind. I laced up and started out and hoped my run would help me clear my mind and shake it off. I ran the first 2 miles with bricks connected to my shoes (at least that is how it felt). I turned at mile 2 and headed home walking for about .25 mile then slow jogged to the house. My mind cleared like I knew it would. Friday is a rest day! Yippy Yippy, today was great day for rest and a great day to eat :) the first time in a long time I ate lunch and felt full! I honestly thought in my head, tomorrow I will have energy because the food I ate today! Plans were leave the house at 6 am and head to Stephs house. We had pizza Friday night, homemade on wheat dough, I ate 2 squares and 2 slices and went to bed by 2215 after drinking tons of water. The alarm went off at 0530 and I jumped up and got dressed, brewed coffee and put a half of bagel in the toaster. I had time for coffee and my bagel with peanut butter and I headed out, I was nervous because my stomach felt upset (I hate to eat in the am) and I knew my last long run wasn't a full week ago. Steph and I drove the route to leave waters and we were back and heading out at about 7am. Excited/nervous not sure which but the run started! I felt plenty warm and the air was light. First stop mile 3 was powerade and 5 chews. Mile 4-6 is my favorite on the run we talked the whole time and it felt great. Mile 6 we stopped for water and again I ate 5 chews. My energy was good, heading to mile 9 was uphill and I listened to eye of the tiger :). 5 more chews and water. This time starting to run we both felt stiff, we decided we stop for too long to eat and drink. We will eat leading up to the water while in motion and stop only to drink. Mile 11-12 was uphill and I nibbled on the 5 chews. Water break was quick and was ok, my left foot on the bottom hurt like a blister. The next 3 miles were good! I had good energy and felt great! I started feeling sore in my feet, calves and knees just before mile 15. 5 chews in motion and water at mile 15, I could see the last mile. Mile 15-16 was good but uphill, I was tired but mostly sore. We did it, 16 miles in 2:59:50 average pace 11:14mm!!!! I feel good today (Sunday) not sore and managed 6.5 bike miles on the stationary bike. My week was 41 miles with 109 for the month! Bring on week 12.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are so incredibly awesome! I am so proud of you!!!!!! <3
ReplyDelete